My new food obsession is loaded sweet potatoes. I eat a variation of a loaded sweet potato at least once a week. I posted this loaded sweet potato recipe previously on the blog and have tried 3 or 4 more different types of loaded sweet potato recipes. As a family, our favorite sweet potatoes are these loaded barbecue chicken sweet potato.
In the past, I have posted about this chicken recipe A LOT and I make it A LOT because it is delicious. A few weeks ago, I decided that instead of eating the chipotle barbecue chicken in a traditional barbeque chicken sandwich I was going to make a barbeque chicken sweet potato. I simply served the sweet potato with sharp cheddar cheese, green onions and barbeque chicken. It was delicious. We are obsessed in our home and eat them all the time.
recipe] Loaded Barbecue Chicken Sweet Potato [/
- 1 cup cooked barbecue chicken
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a slow cooker cook chicken according to this recipe.
- Once chicken is cooked wash sweet potatoes. Poke 4 -5 holes in each sweet potato. Microwave each sweet potato for 5 minutes until they are soft.
- Cut open sweet potato add desired amount of barbecue chicken to each sweet potato. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and green onions on top of each sweet potato. Enjoy!